What I do well and enjoy
Recent projects and assignments
The main projects and product domains that I have worked on in the US and Europe are listed in the projects section of my LinkedIn profile.
- Unification of UX components for a large US grocery and pharmacy company
- Inception and Discovery for large US Government agency
- Streamlining data conversion for Healthcare records processor
- Unification of sales channels for major US car auctioneer
- Data analytics for major US Credit agency
- Proximity sensor using reed hardware
- DevOps day panelist
- IVF clinical trial assessment and delivery inception
- A Ruby gem to manage and control Arlo security cameras
- Fitbit unit testing
- A Bluetooth peripheral example app on Raspberry Pi
- Bluetooth Low Energy peripheral implementation for Raspberry Pi
- Rapid DevOps Delivery at a major mortgage bank
- Agile transformation at a major mortgage bank
- Agile Data Testing in ETL for a major US federal mortgage bank
- DevOps assessment and consulting at international business consulting firm
- Continuous Delivery Maturity Model Assessment at Telecom Company
- Ported Cucumber wire protocol to NRF51 bluetooth SOC
- Nordic NRF51 FruityMesh Ubuntu development VM provisioned with Vagrant, VirtualBox and Parallels
- Nordic NRF51 and FruityMesh RGB LED GPIO example using the Ping module using a timer-tick
- Agile practices and delivery for US-based Airline
- Ruby gem to retrieve song lyrics using LyricFind’s API
- Agile transformation and Delivery for a major investment bank
- Arduino demo using Cucumber and rSpec
- Cucumber-Wire protocol ported to C for embedded systems
- Agile practices and delivery in technical fashion firm
- Analysis Inception For Digital Advertising Agency
- Embedded software development of vital signs measurement devices
- Technical assessment within a major federal mortgage bank
- Rescue Project Manager in Fortune 50 construction company
- Project manager at a major financial institution on Fortune 200 list
- Agile practices and delivery at a Health Care corporation
- Rescue Project Manager in pharmaceutical corporation
Recent courses & certifications
Technical Project Manager, Delivery Lead, Digital Transformation, Agile Coach
- ThoughtWorks (2019-Present) Manhattan, NY.
- Buildit (2017-2019) Brooklyn, NY.
- ThoughtWorks (2012-2017) Manhattan, NY.
As a Principal/Delivery Lead, I lead agile transformation efforts for our clients, helping upper management instill change in their organizations, working with middle management to evolve their ways of working to an agile approach, including:
- Running workshops (discovery, agile maturity modelling, value stream mapping, modern product management methodologies, lean-UX)
- Diverting effort to a value-based system, away from “story points” to value-based metrics
- Leading agile transformation in product management, including establishment of CI/CD pipelines, XP practices, pairing, cross-functional teams, infrastructure as code, early testing
- Leading product planning teams by creating backlogs, feature and story development
- Coaching and running agile delivery mechanics such as TDD/BDD, Story-writing, sizing, stand-ups and retrospectives
- Lead product team by removing barriers, instilling a sense of urgency, allowing team creativity yet with a vigilant pragmatic approach
- Interviewing and hiring team members, acting as a coach and mentor
- Helping as a tech lead when discussing architecture and interfaces between systems
IDT Telecom - Newark, NJ.
VP Software Engineering and Development till 2012
- Led the software development department that develops wholesale and retail carrier applications and products (internal and external).
- Managed a $7M budget and a 50 person software development department in addition to outsourcing management.
- Implemented an Agile software development methodology, emphasizing close contact with our customers, user story creation, TDD/BDD, automated continuous testing and short deliverable cycles.
- Performed stand-up meetings as part of an effort for constant communications between team members and the development managers, escalating issues on a daily basis for quick resolution.
- Employed a variety of tools that promote communications and knowledge sharing
- Participated in development when possible, helping the team meet deadlines or advance projects in general.
- Examples of software produced include Ruby On Rails Web front ends and REST servers, WCF-based asynchronous services, message queuing and task allocation using AMQ and database abstraction using views.
- Conceived, designed and developed a generic alerting mechanism named ‘Neurons’ that stack and communicate via messaging, creating a virtual ‘Brain’ that oversees monitoring of events, reacting appropriately. This is a stacked implementation of the Chain of Command pattern and is deployed in production with dozens of active Neurons applied to customer service and traffic loss management processes.
Picup - Newark, NJ.
CTO Till 2011
Internal start-up within IDT named ‘PICUP’, where I co-authored a patent for Network identity management system and method.
Net2Phone - Newark, NJ.
Chief Architect, VP Software Development till 2011
- Developed a B2B interface for Net2Phone’s business partners to provision and manage their VoIP-enabled customers and devices as part of their reseller business. This was done by exposing an abstracted layer of N2P’s business objects via objects and methods in SOAP, while hiding the implementation and internal procedures from the external clients. During that time I also led a team that implemented an Instant Messaging engine to allow multiple, simultaneous, discontinuous & anonymous textual conversations
- Technical Project manager for VoiceLine, a VoIP based product integrating hardware and software to offer a voice product to replace traditional telephony This was one of my biggest projects as a technical project manager, leading ninety Net2Phone employees with various roles, transforming Net2Phone from a technology company to a Telephony company that now owns and sells TNs and their associated services, using a VoIP device connected to the customer’s home router
Zedge.com – Trondheim, Norway.
Director of technical project management till 2008
Directed project management, lead and developed multiple projects related to infrastructure and front end features of the website. Infrastructure work included defining a phone description DSL to be used in the image cropper. Public facing work included developing a Flash-based video chat system.
Net2Phone - Newark, NJ.
Lead developer and team lead till 2007
- Embedded Linux programming for VoIP devices
- B2B (Business to business) APIs connecting Net2Phone and Level 3 for telecom projects.
Aplio – Paris, France; Barcelona, Spain.
Lead developer, embedded systems till 2003
Embedded Linux programming for VoIP devices. Later acquired by Net2Phone.
Alyn Hospital – Jerusalem, Israel.
IT Manager till 2000
- Founded the MIS department and was the lead developer for the hospital.
- Developed both back-end and employee-facing systems for the running of the hospital, including clinical and administrative programs.
- Developed a bio-feedback system to aid children breathing by gamification
InContext - Paris, France; Jerusalem, Israel.
Co-founder, Software Developer; from 1997
Various software development projects in Israel, France, Italy, Spain, and US.
- Israeli, French and US citizenships
- Hebrew, French, English and some Spanish
- Occasional speaker at conferences and meetups
- Occasional volunteer at Black Girls Code and Women Who Code
- Co-authored a patent for Network identity management system and method
- I love to cook, bake bread, eat, and wash the dishes